Sunday, January 3, 2010

Holiday Catch-Up

We had a VERY busy holiday season. I will attempt to catch you up with some pictures. I got a camera for Christmas, so the pictures should keep coming!
We didn't make it to Decorah as planned, because of the weather on the 23rd, so we spent Christmas Eve at home. On Christmas Day, we bundled up and spent the day with the Noring's in their new home. It was a wonderful family get-together.
Finally, we headed to Decorah on the 26th. We spent time with Grandma Missy and cousins, Tiffany, Nina, and Logan. What a wonderful surprise to see them in Cresco.
In Decorah, we had Christmas with Mom, Rusty, Beth, Eric, and William. The next day we spent time celebrating with Grandpa and Grandma Dix, Dad, Karen, Tyler, Courtney, Tony, Nathan, Sheena, and Livia. Here is a picture of Nathan and Aubrey - she looks tiny in his arms!


Oh and we can't forget our visit to the Nelson's! Aubrey was very excited to meet Dean, Barbara, and Megan. I loved hearing about Megan's new life in North Carolina. It sounds like all is going well!

Back in Des Moines, we met up with our friends Zack and Abby. Aubrey loved meeting "Uncle Zack" and "Aunty Abby". We had a great dinner at Texas Roadhouse - although it was very loud! Here's Zack, Abby, and Aubrey...


New Year's Eve was spent at Aunt Katie's and Uncle Wes'. Aubrey was determined to stay up until midnight. Her determination was met with a sleepy cry at about 11:00 PM (her bedtime), when we decided to go home. We had a great time and it was fun to spend the evening with friends. Here is a picture of Ben, Payton, and Abby...
And then (as if this wasn't enough), Tim, Aubrey and I hosted our first Christmas get together. Mom, Rusty, Jenny, John, Erick, Chelsey, Tony, Ruth and Ken all came to our house. I was very prepared for the dinner (turkey, potatoes, jello salad, etc.) until the power went out! Yes, the power went out for four hours at our house. Fortunately, Vaughn and Rowena still had power, so we cooked the turkey at their house. They also watched Aubrey and Lexi (thank you!) while Tim and I got things ready in our cold home. We dusted in the dark, put up the tables and chairs, etc. Fortunately, about 2 hours before everyone's arrival, we had power. I was able to warm up the rest of the meal and we were good to go. It was a great Christmas and we hope we can host again soon. Aubrey also got to meet Jenny and John for the first time. (sorry, I think it is crooked!)

I think that sums up our holiday season! As always, it was a busy one, but another one to remember. We are definitely blessed with a lot of family to love and spend time with...we only have one more Christmas to go next weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment